So 2022 is here, and I thought I’d like to take a moment and focus on some things I have hopes for in the coming year.
- As always, I have my reading goal of 50 books for the year, including graphic novels, manga, and audiobooks.
- I am going to also challenge myself to clear out some books on my ever growing TBR (to be read) list.
- I am hoping to put some love and attention back into the blog. Updating old posts, and keeping information and links up to date.
- I am also going to remind myself to only take these tasks in pieces. Not to get overwhelmed with everything I want to do, but just small and easy tasks.
- My biggest one is to get back into being on social media to interact with authors, and readers alike. I started a TikTok account in December, and even if it turns into the dormant social media account like all the others I have, I can at least try to reach new people here.
Well looks like that’s what is going in the works for this new year. Let’s hope this year will be better than the last, and just try and stay positive and keep moving forward!
- I am going to be taking better care of myself. Last year took a toll on my mental health and it not only affected my love of reading, it also affected the blog. My original goal for 2020 was to read 50 books and I only managed 29. So this year I plan to reach that goal and do my best!
- I am going to get better at following through on author’s requests. I am ashamed to admit it, but I let requests fall to the wayside and get distracted by other books, my work, or just life getting in the way. To those people I deeply apologize and I’m sorry.
- I am going to reread the Harry Potter series. This is a goal I have been trying to accomplish for several years now. I know J.K Rowling has had a lot of controversy and I was wondering how the books held up after all this time.
That’s pretty much what I have in mind for 2021 so far. As always I will also continue talking about movies, TV, and mental health. I am looking forward to seeing what this year has in store for my fiancé and I. I am just trying to hold onto hope and trying to survive during these difficult times.
Stay safe and hope to see you back here for future reviews!
Happy New Year fellow bookworms! I’m glad 2019 is behind us and we can move and hope for a better 2020.
Here’s a small list of both personal goals and goals for this blog.
- Get a new pair of glasses-super long overdue for them!
- Take better care of my mental and physical health-more mental health though
- Do my job to the best of my ability and hopefully can get hired on permanently-no more seasonal/temporary work for me!
- Reach my reading goal for this year. I set a goal of 75 because I had already hit the 50 goal around September/October, but due to a difficult situation, I stopped reading and took a break. Let’s get to 75 books in 2020!
- I am actually going to try and branch out and read some other genres I’m not as familiar with. I’m starting to get a bit bored with monsters and mysteries.
Well, there are some of my goals for 2020! What are some of your goals for 2020?